Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
--Marianne Williamson

Everyone has a lowest point in their life, a time when the burdens are more than we can bear. My dark time was just a few months ago. Everything that I knew my life to be was crashing in around me and I could barely tread water enough to breathe. I nearly drowned, and in part I was losing the will to stay afloat. The weight of my problems had been pulling me down for so long I was losing the strength to hang on. And at the moment when I almost gave into the tide my friends and family rescued me.

I normally refuse the help of others, I prefer to be the one offering assistance, but I was so weak I couldn't push them away. My loved ones rushed into action and nursed my heart and soul back to health while helping me restore and renew my life and my will to live. They helped me piece together what was salvageable and build a foundation for my new life to come. They saved my life and I can't imagine a greater miracle than that. Before my rescue it became difficult for me to believe in anything, especially miracles. Now I have experienced the greatest miracle of all--love. And henceforth I will strive to be grateful for every day that I spend on this earth.

No comments: