Friday, March 2, 2007

Home is Where the Heart is?

If home is where the heart is, why isn't my heart here? The obvious answer of course is that this isn't really home anymore and my heart is still in Detroit (sounds like the beginning of a country song already.) I'm really trying to make a life for myself here, but I can't seem to get past the heartache for the people I left behind. When you don't live near family your friends really become your family, and my friends were the best family anyone could hope for. Now I'm surrounded by my actual family, who do love me dearly, and I just don't feel at home. I'm not even sure that I want to.

2 comments:

Shorty said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling more at home there. But I will say you are missed terribly here. I didn't know you that long, but you quickly became a very good friend to me. And I looked forward to knitting with you, and learning from you, and just being your friend.

I hope it gets better there for you. You deserve to be happy!

Miss You!

Sonya

Grazie Mom said...

Thanks Sonya. The one thing that I've learned about friendship as I've moved around is that no matter
where life takes you, your friends follow if only in spirit through phone calls, letters and emails.
You've been a good friend to me as well and I fully intend to stay in touch. I miss you too!!